Like any other airline, United Airlines also has a cancellation policy for the benefit of its customers. They understand that people traveling with them might have to make a flight cancellation under certain circumstances. This is why they have a detailed United Airlines Cancellation Policy that explains every clause applied to their flight cancellation. In this article, we have presented the policy in detail so that you do not miss any steps and can avoid paying any additional charges on your ticket cancellation. Let’s get to know the policy in easy terms.
United Airlines Cancellation Policy
If you are canceling a United Flight, you must be aware of United Airlines Cancellation Policy, which we have explained below.
- If you make the canceling in the first 24 hours of bookings, you do not have to pay any cancellation fee and can claim a full refund. Make sure that the booking is made at least seven days before your flight departure.
- If you have booked a Basic Economy flight, then you do not have to pay any penalty for cancellation.
- No cancellation fee is charged on refundable tickets. So it is always best to book refundable tickets; however, they are a bit more expensive than non-refundable tickets.
- When you cancel a non-refundable ticket, the cancellation fee of $200 is deducted for the flight fare, and the rest is transferred to your airline account in the form of credit, which you can use in any future booking within the same year.
- In case of an extreme emergency, such as the death of the passenger or people accompanying him on the journey, you can cancel a non-refundable ticket for free. However, you will have to present the documents for the same.
How to Cancel United Airlines Ticket
If you are wondering how you can cancel a United Airlines ticket online, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the official website of the airline and log in to your account.
- Click on the “My Trips” option available on the menu bar of the page.
- All your bookings will appear on your screen. Select the one you want to cancel.
- Now, click on the Cancel Flight option and confirm the cancellation.
- You will receive the amount in the form of credit after deducting a cancellation fee (if applicable).
Make sure you read the United Airlines Refund Policy very carefully before canceling the flight.
Source URL: https://www.click4r.com/posts/g/6166002/how-to-cancel-united-airlines-ticket