Whitening one’s teeth with at-home kits are an easy and affordable way to brighten one’s smile and minimize the look of discoloration. Teeth whitening can help one appear younger and, in the opinion of the majority, more attractive. As far as teeth whitening goes, laser teeth whitening is one of the most effective approaches. The process is done in a dentist’s office, where they also conduct Laser Teeth whitening course. This procedure uses a laser to heat a potent whitening gel before being applied to your teeth.
What’s causing my teeth to become discolored?
Extrinsic tooth discoloration affects the outer surface of teeth. The discoloration is caused by some foods and beverages such as tea, soda, red wine, and dark berries. At-home whitening treatments make it simple to get rid of these discolorations.
Intrinsic discoloration occurs on the teeth’s inner surfaces. It can be brought on by specific illnesses and treatments (like chemotherapy), genetics, trauma, drugs, or the natural course of time. It is more challenging to eliminate these stains, so professional teeth whitening is considered necessary.
How to Whiten Teeth with a Laser?
In a dental practice, a simple three-step process uses lasers to whiten teeth:
- You’ll have a plastic or rubber shield placed in your mouth to keep it open initially.
- They’ll apply a layer of protection to your gums to keep the bleaching gel from harming them. The gums generally develop a rubbery coating as these layers harden. This prevents the gums from becoming inflamed and irritated.
- Your dentist will gently apply the whitening gel to your teeth after the protective coating has formed. A pen-like laser will then activate the gel. Foaming indicates that the gel is doing its job of removing stains from your teeth.
- The gel is applied to your teeth for a short period. Your dentist will then use a little vacuum to extract it. Your dentist may do these procedures three or four times to get your teeth the color you want.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with mouthwash and have your dentist scrape off the protective layer that’s been placed on your gums.
Laser Teeth Whitening Follow-Up:
Clear beverages should be consumed for at least two hours post a laser teeth whitening procedure. Eat only items that won’t discolor your teeth after that. For at least 24 hours, refrain from eating dark-colored items, including coffee, tea, and soda.
Advantages of Laser Teeth Whitening:
- Single-session results are immediately apparent with laser tooth whitening.
- No materials or techniques are used at home because the dentist does everything in the clinic.
- The speed of the whitening process is superior to that of at-home kits.
- If a dentist performs the surgery, there is less danger of problems, such as soft tissue burns or nerve damage.
What’s the Key Takeaway?
A dental office that offers Laser Teeth whitening course and is equipped with a laser can permanently lighten your teeth and brighten your smile. Laser teeth whitening is ideal for people who want to get rid of stains and discolorations in their teeth or want to look better.
Originally published at https://teeth-whitening-fairies.blogspot.com on August 16, 2022.