As a patient, you are probably curious about the differences between Invisalign and braces. Both have similar goals: to straighten teeth. But what are the benefits of each treatment? And do they suit your lifestyle? You might need an Braces specialist in Ahmedabad to get more clear.
In this article, we’ll compare these two treatments so that you can choose which is right for you!
How do Braces work?
Braces are another option for correcting your bite and smile. They come in many variations, but all of them are made up of metal wires that are attached to brackets that are bonded onto your teeth.
The wires and brackets work together to straighten your teeth over time by slowly shifting their position little by little.
If you’re considering braces as an option for improving your smile, here’s what you should know before visiting Braces specialist in Ahmedabad:
- Braces are removable and can be taken out for cleaning at any time. This is a huge benefit compared to Invisalign which requires patients to wear the aligners 24/7 for months at a time.
- Braces can be used to improve overbites (when one side of your upper jaw extends outward), close spaces between teeth, or help fix spacing problems caused by missing teeth or crooked teeth (malocclusion).
- The best way to find out if you’re a good candidate for braces is by visiting an orthodontist who specialises in these treatments!
How do Invisalign work?
The Invisalign method is a series of transparent, removable, and comfortable aligners. The aligner has been designed to gradually shift your teeth into place with a series of small incremental movements over time.
The aligners are made from smooth, comfortable, and biocompatible materials that allow your teeth to move freely within the mouth. They can be easily removed for cleaning and maintenance at any time during the treatment process.
Braces vs Invisalign
Invisalign is a clear, removable aligner that allows you to straighten your teeth without anyone noticing. Braces, on the other hand, are more visible and may require additional visits to your orthodontist.
Invisalign has a higher price tag than braces—an average of $1,100 per year compared to an average of $850 per year. This means that Invisalign can cost $4,200 vs braces at about half the price (about $2,400).
One factor in deciding between Invisalign and braces is that you’ll pay more for treatment over a longer period of time with Invisalign than with traditional metal brackets and wires. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that Invisalign will cost less overall: The total costs depend largely on how many visits are needed and how long they last each visit (e.g., two weeks vs three months).
Invisalign vs braces, what is better?
- Invisalign can be a great option for adults who want to straighten their teeth, but don’t like the idea of wearing braces.
- If you have crowding or spacing issues, Invisalign can help.
- If you have a small mouth, the clear aligners may be more comfortable than traditional metal braces.
If you think Invisalign might be right for you, consult with your Braces specialist in Ahmedabad first and make sure they’re qualified to assess your situation and determine whether or not it would be beneficial to pursue treatment with this method.