Although personal statements should appear formulaic, they are important in the admissions process! If you are applying for a course in countries like Australia, your personal statement might make or break whether or not you are called for an interview.
Colleges may request a detailed personal statement highlighting your qualifications for the chosen programme. Writing an engaging personal statement is a great method to show your abilities and aspirations to the university. An appealing personal statement might give a leg up on the competition and assist you in getting to your desired college. Here, personal statement writing help experts have mentioned a few pointers that might assist you in creating an excellent personal statement for university applications.
Do's & Don'ts in Personal Statement Writing
Here are a few suggestions that you may take while writing a personal statement for your university.
- Be precise and concise — the more focused your points and facts are, the more effective they will be.
- Use terms like "attained," "expanded," "acquired," "learned," "eagerness," "determination," "intensity," and "allure."
- Avoid using extravagant or artificial rhetoric. Instead, use short, straightforward lines in plain English.
- If possible, add a personal touch, but avoid comedy and talkative tactics.
- Support assertions and statements with proof of your learning and improvement (when possible).
- Write the statement as an essay or a cover letter for a job or scholarship.
- Break the sentence up into 5 or 6 paragraphs, including headings if necessary.
- Correct spelling and grammar are important – Make as many draughts as you need, and have people proofread and offer input.
- In your proposal for 2022–23, mention the obstacles you experienced during the epidemic in a good light.
- Come out as arrogant
- Include your background
- Begin with: "I've always aspired to be..."
- Don't use gimmicks or quotes unless they're really important and you handle them in a way that demonstrates your abilities.
- Don't be tempted to purchase or duplicate a personal statement — plagiarism software has advanced significantly in recent years, and if you're detected, you won't be admitted.
- Don't make excuses for not participating in activities or acquiring experience; instead, focus on what you were able to achieve constructively, such as a consequence of the coronavirus.
Ideal Structure for Your Personal Statement
The points below ensure you include all the essential elements and ensure that each sentence is effective.
Your introduction - This section should showcase you as well as your personality. Therefore, write a strong and interesting introduction.
Include your interests, skills, and experiences – Here; you may illustrate your experience, achievements, talents, skills, and academic goals.
Write a strong conclusion – You may include professional goals and a personal statement summary.
Proofread and edit – Check and eliminate spelling, grammar, relevancy, specificity, passive voice, clear phrasing, etc.
Students willing for additional help can reach online exam help Australia whenever they get stuck. This service is available 24-hours so that each student can get expert's assistance, draft a great personal statement, and get interviewed.