SOCIAL MEDIA TO PROMOTE YOUR BLOG
The word “blog” is the shortened term for “weblog” and for the best decade or so, has been one of the more popular ways to get one’s opinions published on the World Wide Web. This can be done in the form of a discussion or through the publishing of information in separate comments or “posts” as they more commonly referred to. Up until about 5 years ago, blogs were the work of a single individual. Now we are seeing an increasing number of MAB’s or multi-author blogs becoming very popular.Using Social Media to Promote Your Blog
USING SOCIAL MEDIA TO PROMOTE YOUR BLOG
Recently, more and more bloggers have discovered how the use of social bookmarking and social networking sites can be very effective at raising awareness of their blogs and their profiles. But for many blogging newcomers, promoting their new venture can oftentimes be challenging when it comes to building readership and getting people to comment on their blogs. Additionally, when they do start posting to Facebook or Twitter, they are not getting the feedback that they had hoped for and are left wondering why this is happening.
Top Social Media Platforms to Consider
If you are going to use social media marketing (SMM) platforms for promoting your blogs, you should consider the following tips when you are first getting started. According to the most recent eBizMBA rankings for 2013, the following are the top 5 social media platforms and the number of their unique monthly visitors:
#1 Facebook – 900 million
#2 Twitter – 310 million
#3 LinkedIn – 255 million
#4 Pinterest – 250 million
#5 Google+ – 120 million
On an interesting side note regarding these social media platforms, #3 LinkedIn is the only one of the 5 that is dedicated exclusively to businesses of all sizes, internet marketers, and other online entrepreneurs. Granted, the others are used for promotional purposes as well, but they are more focused on the social aspects.
Primary Do’s and Don’ts to be Aware of
One thing you need to remember when you are first starting out in blogging is that there are certain things that you must do if you are going to successfully use SMM to promote your blogs. However there are also certain things to avoid doing. Here is a breakdown of those Do’s and Don’ts.
- Once you have determined who your target audience is and start posting your comments and information, be sure that you listen to their feedback.
- Determine the right SMM platforms for promoting your blogs.
- Post new or updated information on a regular basis so your content is always current and fresh.
- Make sure the content you post is original and not just a re-written regurgitation of some other existing content.
- Posting interesting and relevant content provides your social media audience with value.
- Respond to all comments and feedback – even the negative ones.
- Try different types of content that uses graphics and multimedia as well as text so that your audience is always reading something new.
- Don’t “sell” your blog – post answers to questions, concepts, and ideas
- Don’t overdo your comments, posts, and updates
- Don’t “favorite” or “like” your own comments and posts
- Don’t spam your audience
- Don’t post links to your blog or your webpages
- Don’t over-automate your blog with apps and programs
The bottom line is that the key to effectively using social media marketing platforms for promoting your blogs is still having good engagement with your readers and interacting with them on a regular basis.
For Further Queries Contact Fresno CA Marketing Agency