6 SMM STRATEGIES TO CONSIDER FOR 2020
As of this year (2015), American social media platforms have surpassed Google and e-mail as the number one daily activity that businesses and individuals participate in. According to the online magazine “Fast Company”, social media marketing strategies are the primary promotion tools being used by 93% of all internet marketers Fresno CA today. Obviously, SMM is the next big thing, but it is only getting bigger. 6 SMM Strategies to Consider for 2020
The Social Media Landscape
Today’s social media landscape is very unsettled thanks in part to the drastic changes that Google has made to their business model. Google+ is the newer platform that promises to take us beyond the current social media networks we are accustomed to. From a hardware standpoint, we are in the early stages of seeing the shift from interaction that is more anchored in nature to mobile-friendly interaction. Current statistics show that the use of mobile devices will exceed desktop and laptop usage by the end of 2020.
Predictions for 2020
As a result of the changing search engines landscape, we should some significant changes in the different social media marketing (SMM) strategies that will be employed within the next year or so. Our predictions for the rest of this year and through 2020 are as follows:
- Content formats will drive social media platforms – by the end of 2020, the current one-size-fits-all approach to social networking is going to be obsolete as far as a business model goes. However, the majority of the fledgling (start-up) online entrepreneurs will continue to start with that one-size-fits-all
- SEO and SMM will continue merging until it becomes the new discipline – these two concepts have always been interrelated in one way or another, but not on a permanent basis. Sometime during the next year, we should see the two of them becoming the next big thing in internet marketing strategies.
- Universal social media platforms cannot last – it’s well recognized that Facebook and Google are both trying to be everything to everybody. They want you to be logged in 24/7 so that you can do everything from conducting your business online to gaming, and from browser searching to social networking and sharing. This cannot work because:
- Social media users are still going to want different options where using these platforms is concerned.
- There can only be a single social media network for this to work.
- You cannot have a single social media platform that will be good for everything.
We could also see the birth of layered social media components added to some already outstanding Apple audio delivery, sharing, and storage systems. We’re not sure about this where Windows OS are concerned.
6 SMM STRATEGIES FOR
Many of you have put your SMM strategizing to the side over the past year for one reason or another. However, the following 6 SMM strategies for 2020 might make you re-think that about that and turn over a new leaf. Consider the following SMM strategy tips:
- Dedicate your business efforts to practicing superior customer service.
- Develop an execution strategy and don’t deviate from it.
- Embrace your mistakes and learn from them.
- Get active and use Google+ in conjunction with YouTube.
- Interact with your followers while monitoring and tracking your marketing results.
- Treat each of the social media channels that you use as a separate entity.
In closing, don’t forget about integrate your e-mail marketing strategy into your overall marketing efforts. Using e-mail in conjunction with SMM strategies will continue to appeal to consumers, especially the mobile-friendly millennial generation. Remember, there were nearly 80 million of them born in the 20 years between 1980 and 2000 so you don’t want to overlook this target market.
Contact Marketing Agency In Fresno CA for more information