You might be aware of the hassles that connectivity issues give while operating the application if you access multi-user mode at your work premise. At times, due to technical glitches, your system loses contact with the company file that you have stored on the server computer. And thus, all your work comes to a halt. However, you can resolve all such issues with the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. For knowing how to download and use it, you must follow this blog.
How To Download and Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Follow the below-given steps to download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool:
- At first, go to Intuit's official website and search for the QBInstall_tool_vs.exe file.
- When found, download it instantly. Also, make sure that you don’t turn off the computer during the installation process.
Once you have downloaded the file, follow these steps to complete the installation:
- Before you begin the installation, ensure that you haven’t installed any previous version of your system's tool. Uninstall immediately if you find one.
- Start with the package installer by clicking on the downloaded file.
- Now, agree with the terms and conditions and click on Next.
- Continue to follow the instructions and click on Next until the installation completes.
- Once done, set up the tool to use by visiting the directory.
- Now, enter your admin password and click on OK.
- Choose one of the two options: Host system or Workstation.
How To Use The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
To resolve errors with the help of the connection diagnosis tool, you must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- At first, close all the QuickBooks processes through the Task Manager.
- Then, double-click on the QB Desktop icon and click on Utilities, followed by the Repair File option.
- Now, select the Network Problems option and click on Yes.
- Browse for the folder where you have stored your company file, and then click on Open.
- After that, click on Show Advanced Settings and select the issue you face from the drop-down list.
- When asked, enter the QuickBooks login ID and password and select the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait till the time QB repairs your company file issue.
- Lastly, reboot your system.
Summing It up
We hope the information provided in this blog about the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool would have helped you in the best way. However, if you need any further assistance, we suggest you give us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1(855)-856-0053.