The IAS is one of the most sought-after jobs in India, but it requires very rigorous training and practice to reach this status. This can be achieved through UPSC Syllabus for Mains Examination 2022 -23.
UPSC Prelims Syllabus for Paper 1
· Indian History & Indian National Movement
· Current Events of National & International
· Indian and World Geography
· Polity and Indian Governance
· Economic and Social Development
· General Issues on Environment Ecology
· General Science
UPSC Prelims Syllabus for Paper 2
· Interpersonal & Communication Skills
· Logical Reasoning & analytical ability
· Decision Making & Problem Solving
· General Mental Ability
· Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
This is a quick overview of the UPSC syllabus for papers 1 and 2. The Preliminary Examination is the first phase in the UPSC IAS Examination, which tests the general awareness, critical thinking, and logical abilities of an IAS aspirant. The objective-type questions are made to eliminate the maximum number of candidates. To clear this phase, IAS aspirants require a proper strategy, conceptual clarity, and regular revision. Thus, the IAS prelims syllabus becomes very important to strategies according to individual strengths and weaknesses.
The Mains Examination of the UPSC Civil Service Examinations is much more complex and challenging. It tests knowledge and intellectual traits, conceptual clarity, understanding of fundamental concepts, coherency, and preciseness with clarity of expression.
UPSC Mains Examination Syllabus
Paper I – Modern Indian Language
· Comprehension of a given passage.
· Precis Writing
· Usage & Vocabulary
· Short Essay
· Translation from English to Indian Language
Paper II – Essay
The candidate will be required to write an essay on a specific topic
Language and medium according to the candidate’s Choice
The essay will be your 250 marks.
GS Paper 1
· Indian Culture
· Modern Indian History
· History of the World
GS Paper II
· Indian Constitution
· International Relations
GS Paper III
· Science & Technology
· Disaster Management
GS Paper IV
· Ethics and Human Interface
· Emotional Intelligence
· Contributions of Thinkers and Philosophers
· Public Values & Ethics
· Probity in Governance
Two Optional Subject papers
There is a candidate's right to choose their optional subject out of 48 total options and will be two papers combined of 500 marks.
The syllabus of the UPSC mains exam is vast and complex. It is necessary for the UPSC aspirants to track and sort the current affairs under appropriate papers/headings as per the UPSC mains syllabus.
Why Current Affairs Play an Important Role in UPSC?
It is always beneficial to know current affairs as they are the most important aspect of life. This can help you in your exams and it also helps us understand some of our surroundings better. Current Affairs is an essential part of UPSC. It helps you to develop a keen interest in the news and a sense of awareness against those evils which threaten mankind.
How to find best IAS coaching to Cover Prelims & Mains Syllabus?
In today’s competitive environment, the role of coaching institutes is increasing to be the ‘Pole star’ for aspirants in leading their way towards the gates of LBSNAA. However, with a rising number of coaching, aspirants find themselves confused regarding opting best IAS Coaching for them.
Points to look for before joining coaching:
- The main role of coaching is to guide aspirants toward covering the syllabus in an effective manner. The Foundation courses majorly meant for making aspirants familiar with the concepts mentioned in the syllabus is the key. The aspirant should wisely look for mentors who regularly interact with aspirants for clearing any doubts that aspirants have from time to time.
- A comprehensive test series for both prelims and mains examination is a must to practice for the exam in real-time.
- Personal Guidance/mentorship is another such requirement for an aspirant to better understand the demand of the exam and track his/her progress. Aspirants must join an institute where the answer sheets are evaluated by the mentors and reviewed personally to help aspirants to understand his/her mistakes and ratify them.
Students also thinking about the UPSC Interview 2022, but don’t worry I will make another separate blog, where I will mention all the way of UPSC interview questions through toppers interview analysis.
Hope the information given in this blog will be helpful for the candidates who want to prepare for the UPSC exam.