EXPO 2020 DUBAI - An Ultimate Guide
Dubai won the bid to host the "Greatest Show on the Planet" in 2013 beating several countries. Ever since then, people have been waiting eagerly for this largest cultural extravaganza to open its doors. The wait is finally over - Dubai Expo 2020 kickstarted with many spectacular events and celebrities' performances on October 1, 2021. Dubai has always been known for its glitz and glamour and there is no doubt that this event will be full of luxury that will blow people's minds. And this is also the first world expo to be held and hosted by an Arab country and the first one taking place in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia region. To make sure that you make the most of this global spectacle, here is an ultimate guide on what you can expect at the show.
About Dubai Expo 2020
Over 190 countries are participating in the expo showcasing the best of their countries in technology, culture, art, food, and much more. This global international platform is excellent for nations to come together, share knowledge, engage in discussions, and make the world a better place to live. And for the first time in the history of world expos, each participating country will have its pavilion to exhibit its country on such a large-scale platform.
How to book tickets?
The Dubai Expo 2020 tickets are available on the official website of the event. You can avail of the daily pass, three days pass, six months pass, and choose from many different types of tickets. Entry is free for students under 18 if they show their ID cards.
What is the theme of the expo?
This year, the expo theme is "Connecting Minds, Creating the Future," focusing on sub-themes like Sustainability, Mobility, and Opportunity. The site is spread across 4.38 sq km and is divided into three districts based on the sub-themes. It is equal to four times the total land area of Dubai Mall - one of the largest shopping malls globally. But despite its staggering size, the entire site can be explored on foot easily.
Where is the expo site?
Dubai's Expo 2020 site is in Dubai's South district, close to Al Maktoum International Airport. The site is easily accessible from Dubai International Airport, Abu Dhabi International Airport, and Dubai and Abu Dhabi Cruise Terminals. Apart from that, it is easily accessible by car, bus, and metro red line. You can even hire a taxi or book a Kareem or Uber to reach the venue too.
Some of the major attractions at the expo are:
· UAE Pavilion: The UAE Pavilion is in the opportunity district and designed like a falcon in flight. You can gain insight into Emirati culture, history, and heritage and learn about the astonishing growth the region has seen in the last couple of decades.
· The Netherlands Pavilion is shaped like a biotope with the environment, technology, and aesthetics elements. A major attraction here is the indoor artificial waterfall created out of thin air using solar power.
· India Pavilion: The India Pavilion will celebrate the 75th anniversary of the country's independence. The pavilion structure comprises 600 plus colorful kinetic blocks focusing on the theme "India on the Move." You can experience the great Indian culture, art, festivals, food, and many more things here.
· Belgium Pavilion: The Belgium Pavilion is in the Mobility District and resembles a green arch highlighting the country's art and technology. You get to see the country's technological innovations and industrial future.
· Italy Pavilion: Head to the Italy Pavilion to gaze in awe at the life-size 3D printed replica of Michelangelo's stunning masterpiece David.
Best time to visit Dubai
The best time to visit Dubai is in the winter season between October end to March. Coincidentally this year, the Dubai Expo 2020 is also taking place during these months from October 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022, so your Dubai trip will become even more memorable during this time. Apart from that, popular attractions such as Global Village and Miracle Garden also open during these months. The Dubai Shopping Festival happens in the month of January-February. So, the Emirati jewel gives you many reasons to plan a holiday in 2021-22.
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, a high level of safety measures is followed throughout the venue. Only a certain number of visitors are allowed each day, but you can enjoy the event virtually due to the hybrid model followed this year. More than 25 million people are expected to visit the expo and enjoy the festivities. So, book your Dubai tickets now and have a blast in this beautiful city.