Edge X30 is the first Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Smartphone
The Snapdragon’s latest chipset launch was only a few weeks ago, and the “first phone with the latest chipset” began. The title goes to Motorola, who launched the Moto Edge X30 with the latest and greatest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1.
The Motorola Moto Edge X30 was launched in the China region with the famed Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 onboard. The latest flagship contains some cutting-edge, no pun intended features and an option to have an under-display front selfie camera.
Chinese buyers can buy the phone starting from December 15. The variant with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage will cost them 2,999 Chinese yuan, which roughly converts to ~$471. The 8 GB / 256 GB of storage variant will cost 3,199 Chinese yuan, and the 12 GB / 256 GB variant will cost 3,399 Chinese yuan, ~$502, and ~$533, respectively. You can get the under-display camera one in only one variant, which is 12 GB / 256 GB, by dishing out 3,999 Chinese yuan (~$627). All the other specs are the same except the selfie camera in the later variant.
Specifications of Motorola Moto Edge X30
The new Moto Edge X30 is loaded with different cutting-edge, again, no pun intended features all inside its body. Let us take a deeper look at all the features you get in this phone.
- Operating System: Android 12, MYUI 3.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 3.0 GHz
- GPU: Adreno
- Type: OLED, 1 Billion colors, 144Hz, 500 nits (typ), 700 nits (HBM), HDR 10+
- Size: 6.8 inches (90.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels 20:9 ratio (~387 pixel density)
- RAM: 8 GB or 12 GB
- Storage: 128 GB or 256 GB
- Storage Type: UFS 3.1
- Micro SD Slot: None
Main Camera (Primary)
- Sensors: Triple Camera Setup
- 50 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.55″, 1.0µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 114˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.76″, 0.64µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K @ 30 fps, 1080p @ 30/60/120/240 fps, 720p @ 960 fps, 10-bit HDR10+, gyro-EIS
Selfie Camera (Front)
- Sensors: Single with two options
- 60 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.61µm
- 60 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.61µm, under display
- Features: Supports HDR
- Video: 4K @ 30 fps, 1080p @ 30/120 fps
- Loudspeaker: Stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Not provided
Communications and Network
- Technology: 5G / LTE / HSPA / GSM
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: version 5.2, LE, A2DP
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Dual-band A-GPS, BDS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- USB: USB Type-C
- Radio / FM: No
- Type: Lithium Polymer 5000 mAh, not removable
- Charging: 68-watt Fast Charging, 100% in 35 minutes
- Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- Dimensions: 6.44 x 2.98 x 0.33 in (163.6 x 75.6 x 8.5 mm)
- Weight: 194 gram
- Build: Front Glass, Back Glass (Gorilla Glass 5)
The Chinese launch of the Motorola Moto Edge X30, as per the announcement by the company, is December 15. We can expect it to launch globally within a few weeks after the phone drop in the Chinese market on December 15. The price of the newly launched Motorola’s latest flagships is as below.
8 GB RAM / 128 GB Storage costs 2,999 Chinese yuan, roughly $471.
8 GB RAM / 256 GB Storage costs 3,199 Chinese yuan, roughly $502.
12 GB RAM / 256 GB Storage costs 3,399 Chinese yuan, roughly $533.
12 GB RAM /256 GB Storage with an under-display camera costs 3,999 Chinese yuan, roughly $627. The expected price could change with the launch of the phone globally, but it will stay around these prices if we take a look at the previous launches of Motorola. We can just wait and see if the phone retains the same name or Motorola will change it in the global launch.