How to Fix System UI has Stopped Working?
Every device provides additionally provides UI on the standard OS in order to enhance users’ experience. However, the UI can lead users to some trouble. If you are encountering “System UI Has Stopped Working” error on your device, then read through the blog. So, here are the steps to fix system UI has stopped working.
Uninstall the Google App
In case you intend to uninstall the Google app, go through the below-mentioned steps.
- You should unlock the mobile and launch the ‘Play Store’ application.
- Thereafter, select the Menu option at the upper left-hand side of the screen and choose ‘My Apps and Games’.
- You have to select the ‘Installed’ button and move down to select the ‘Google’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Uninstall’ option and choose OK at the message pop-up.
- Later, redo this method every ‘Google’ app within the list.
- Now, reboot the phone and check if the error is still there.
If you would like to check for software updates, then abide by the given steps.
- Navigate to the mobile and launch the Settings.
- You should move down to the end and select ‘About Device.’
- Go to ‘Software Update’ and choose ‘Check for Updates.’
- When the latest update is applicable, select ‘Download Updates Manually.’
- Once you complete downloading the update, a pop-up will appear to verify the update installation, choose ‘Yes,’ and the mobile will be rebooted now.
- Now, as the update gets installed, the device will be launched in the standard AI mode.
- Finally, look to view when the problem continues.
In case you intend to wipe the cache partition, then go through the below-mentioned steps.
- You should long-press the Power key and choose Switch OFF.
- Long press the Home key and then ‘Volume Up’ key at once and long-press the Power key as well.
- If the Samsung Logo comes on your screen, leave the Power button.
- If Android logo screen appears, then leave every button. The display might show ‘Installing System Update’ for a minute before displaying ‘Android Recovery Options.’
- You should hold the Volume down button unless ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ shows up.
- Hold down the Power key and wait to remove the cache partition on your device.
- If the method is finished, go to the end of the list via the ‘Volume Down’ key unless ‘Reboot System Now’ shows up.
- You have to hold the Power button to choose the option and reboot the device.
- Now, after rebooting the device see if the error has been resolved.
is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Devin has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such asoffice.com/setup