Dental Caries Market is forecast to reach $9.18 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.67% during 2020-2025. Dental Carries market growth is characterized by the increased proportion of sugar based medication, growing dental tourism in emerging markets and increasing disposable incomes of middle class population in developing nations. Increasing number of pipeline studies to develop treatments for dental caries is also expected to boost the dental caries market growth. Increasing base of dental caries prevalence and growing awareness among the general population regarding oral health will further enhance the overall market demand of dental caries during the forecast period.
· North America dominates the dental caries market owing to availability of qualified dental practitioners and advancement in technology. The dental caries market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
· The increasing prevalence rate of dental caries and growing popularity of medical aesthetics among the general population and increasing dental tourism in the developing countries is likely to aid in the market growth of dental caries. Dental caries market trends will be also provided in the report.
· Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the dental caries market report.
· Unavailability of skilled professionals and lack of reimbursement in developing and undeveloped economies will create hurdles for the dental caries market.
Product Type - Segment Analysis
Endodontic segment held the largest share in the dental caries market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.05% during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is mainly due to the Modernization of endodontic devices and technological advancements has resulted in the development of improved rotary equipment that reduces the procedural errors. Furthermore, rising use of Nickel –Titanium rotary and reciprocating files over the conventional stainless steel hand file systems has enhanced the cleaning and shaping stages of an endodontic procedure leading to better canal preparation. However, Dental reconstruction segment is estimated to grow with a fastest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the growing demand for cosmetic dentistry and the availability of different prothetics such as crowns, bridges, veeners and inlays and onlays for cosmetic dental procedure. The report covers Dental Caries Market size by type, Dental Caries Market share by top 5 companies and also the market share by start-ups during the forecast period.
End Use - Segment Analysis
Dental Clinics holds major share in the dental caries market in 2019. However, Hospitals are projected to witness significant growth of CAGR 3.9% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Owing to its well-developed infrastructure and the availability of high-end dental equipment in these facilities, hospitals are recognized as the best center for dental caries treatment. Increasing trends in minimally invasive procedures coupled with increasing numbers of hospitals in both developed and developing countries will have a positive impact on segment growth.
Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the dental caries market with a share of more than 39.4%, followed by Europe. High prevalence rate of dental caries in this region and the changing lifestyle habits are the factors contributing in the growth of the dental caries market in this region. According to the WHO, 90% of the people are diagnosed with dental caries in North America. Presence of a large number of dental manufacturers is also increasing the dental caries market demand in this region. Availability of highly qualified dental practitioners and growing number of individuals opting for dental procedures in the country are helping in the growth of the market in that region. Advancements in dental technology has also helped in the growth of the dental caries market in the region.
However, Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. This is because of the rising disposable incomes, expansion of healthcare infrastructure, and increasing dental tourism. As most of the countries in Asia Pacific have large population base, the number of people undergoing treatment of dental caries is higher. The growing geriatric population in countries such as Japan and China is resulting in the increasing prevalence and dental diseases and disorders.
Drivers – Dental Caries Market
· Increase prevalence of dental caries
There is an increased rate of prevalence of dental caries among the general population around the world due to improper lifestyle habits and the increasing sugar of consumptions. Studies have shown that sugar consumption remains a moderate risk factor for caries even when populations have adequate exposure to fluoride, and that exposure to fluoride coupled with a reduction of sugar intake has an additive effect on caries reduction. Foods and drinks containing dietary sugars (i.e., sugars which have been added to food plus sugars naturally present in honey, fruit juices and syrup) should be recognized and the frequency of their intake especially between meals should be reduced. According to World Health Organization, there were approximately 3.58 billion people having dental caries, almost more than half of these cases could have been avoided with the availability of proper medical treatment.
· Technological Advancements in the Cosmetic Industry & Rising consumer awareness
Introduction of several new products including dental lasers, dental implants, and dental equipment and improvement of minimally invasive cosmetic dental procedure has permitted a lot of patients to undergo treatments that they did not prefer earlier, which is helping in the growth of the market. Utilization of novel techniques and rising demand for dental implants and orthodontic appliances in the developing markets has helped in the market growth. The rising consumer awareness and growing medical tourism is also contributing in the growth of the market.
Challenges – Dental Caries Market
· Lack of reimbursement for dental procedures and treatments
Dental procedures are conducted with the intention of improving aesthetic appearance of a patient; hence, they do not qualify as primary healthcare procedures. Insurance companies and government agencies do not regard cosmetic procedures as essential and thus not many reimbursement options are available for the treatment of dental caries. Lack of awareness among the rural population & unavailability of skilled professionals or dentists in developing and undeveloped economies can also hinder the growth of the dental caries market.
Dental Caries Industry Outlook
Product launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the dental caries market. In 2019, dental caries market share is consolidated by the top ten players present in the market. Dental Caries top 10 companies are 3M Company, Alpha Dent Implants Ltd., Coltene Group, Conmet LLC, Danaher Corporation, Dentsply Sirona Inc., Essential Dental Systems Inc., Henry-Schein Inc., Straumann AG, Shofu Inc., Zimmer Biomet Dental among others.
- In February 2017, Oral Health Centre of Expertise in Eastern Norway in collaboration with Public Dental Service from Ostfold, Oppland, and Hedmark, announced the post market surveillance (Phase 4) for fluoride varnishes and fissure sealants to evaluate its effectiveness in a pragmatic randomized clinical trial.
- In March 2017, Straumann (Switzerland) launched a range of Variobase Abutments such as Crown under its dental Prosthesis product portfolio which is quick, cost-effective, and efficient for the GP or dental laboratory.
- In March 2018, Vericore LLC launched ZR Pro Zirconia, which is ideal for both anterior and posterior segments of the mouth.
- In April 2019, 3M introduced a new universal composite, 3M Filtek that offers a modernized technique to both anterior and posterior restorations which results in a strong and aesthetic outcome for the patient.
- In 2017, Neocis Inc received U.S. FDA approval to market Yomi, robotic guide for dental implants.
- In 2016, Dental Evolutions Inc. introduced Implanova system the first self-grafting, and self-osteomizing dental implant system.