How to Activate STARZ
. From American Gods to Black Sails, Power to Spartacus, STARZ has provided us with some great TV shows. You can access the streaming service almost anywhere on many devices. This tutorial is going to show how to activate Starz.com/activate on almost any device.
STARZ Play is the app you need to play content. It is available for most devices including Kindle Fire, Fire TV, Nexus Player, Apple TV, iPhone, Android, Roku and Xbox. For $8.99 a month, you can access all of the channel’s movies and TV shows on any or all of these devices. One account lets you stream up to four devices at once too.
How to Activate STARZ
To be able to activate STARZ, you will need a premium subscription or be running the free 7-day trial offered before having to commit to the subscription. You will need a login to add the channel to your service of choice, so you need to do this first.
1. Navigate to the STARZ website and then select Try STARZ free for a week.
2. Now, sign up and add your details.
Once your account is up and running you can add the channel to most devices.
Add STARZ to Roku
Adding STARZ to Roku uses the same process as adding any channel.
1. Sign into your Roku if you need to.
2. Now, from Home, select Streaming Channels.
3. Then, search for the STARZ channel.
4. Once you find it, select OK and then Add Channel.
5. Enter your PIN if you use one to confirm.
6. Now, open the STARZ channel from your channels lineup or from the app page.
7. Log in using your STARZ login details.
8. Navigate to STARZ using any device.
9. Enter the code on screen into the box on the web page and then select Submit to register the device.
The Roku Channel also offers subscriptions to Starz.com/activate as part of the deal. So rather than paying separately, you can subscribe to STARZ through Roku. This will stop you being able to watch it on other devices but if you do everything through your Roku, this might make life easier.
Add STARZ to Apple TV
To play STARZ on Apple TV, you will first need the STARZ Play app. Then you follow similar steps to Roku by signing in and using the code.
1. Navigate to the App Store on your Apple TV.
2. Search and install STARZ Play.
3. Select the app from the Home screen.
4. Log in using your STARZ account details.
5. Navigate to STARZ using any device.
6. Again, enter the code on screen into the box on the web page and select Submit to register the device.
Once you enter the code your Apple TV will be registered and will show all the movies and TV shows available at that time.
Add STARZ to Xbox
STARZ Play is fully compatible with Xbox 360 and Xbox One and is available for free from the app store. As above:
Once signed in and registered, your Xbox will populate all the movie and TV show listings and allow you to watch your content as you wish.
Add STARZ to Your Smart TV
If you read this far, you should be getting the hang of it by now. You add the STARZ Play app to your device, sign in using your account, activate using the code and begin watching. It’s the same for a smart TV.
I’m not sure about compatibility. STARZ Play is present for my Samsung smart TV, but I don’t know if it’s universal.
Add STARZ to iPhone
The same process applies to iOS devices too.
You will see the content populate and can begin watching right away.
Add STARZ to Android
Finally, not wanting to be left out Starz.com/activate Play is also available on the Google Play Store.