SEO (search engine optimization) is ever changing. Google always introduces new features and upgrades on its Search Engine Result Pages for local searches. You might be learning the ropes and finally grasping what it is all about and then a new update kicks in and you have to start all over again.
Notwithstanding, as a small business owner it is essential to always stay on top of local SEO. You need local SEO services so that local consumers looking online for your services can find you. With better local rankings, your page visits, as well as your conversions, will increase.
Modern consumers expect hyper-personalized online experiences. With local SEO, you can target campaigns to extremely small, localized groups of people. This will ensure that your business takes advantage of lucrative local searches. What’s more, with local SEO, your business already has a solid foundation whenever new SEO features are introduced.
What is local SEO?
Local SEO is the process of making your company visible for geographically related searches. It is an effective way to market your local business online. It helps businesses promote their products and services to local customers at the exact time they are looking for them online. Simply put, if you want more local business, you need more local SEO services.
Fewer than 50 percent of businesses currently use local SEO services. What that means for you is a big opportunity to get ahead and stand out in directories, maps, local searches, and social media.
Who needs local SEO?
As a small business owner, local SEO is indispensable. It does not matter how insignificant you think your business is. As long as you have a website, you can apply local SEO to your business and increase your revenue. If your business matches any of the conditions below, you need local SEO.
- You have a local company or are a small business owner.
- You have a company with specific service areas.
- You are a franchisee or franchise owner.
- You want more traffic, leads, and sales within specifically designated market areas (DMAs).
- You want to shore up your listings across online directories.
- You want your company to show up on maps and navigation apps or in Google’s local pack.
- Your company has offices or provides services in more than one city or DMA, but does not offer products or services nationwide.
The reasons all businesses need local SEO is because search engines have realised that many users are looking for specific services and products near them. According to Google, 46% of searches now have a ‘local intent’. This means potential customers are searching for your services within your service area and if you boost your local SEO, your business will be the one they find and come to. A successful local SEO campaign will help your business because:
- Local SEO increases your website’s rankings in the search results and in the local pack.
Benefits of local SEO
- It receives the highest conversion levels of all local advertising channels.
- It increases your online visibility, especially to neighbouring customers.
- It increases organic traffic to your website and helps you earn more qualified leads.
- It will help you outrank your local competitors.
- It helps mobile users easily find your business, whether in the search engines, through directories, or through social media channels.
- It ensures your business is found on Google maps and through other navigational apps.
Is it necessary to hire a local SEO company or a Local SEO Expert?
Oftentimes, business owners feel they can manage their businesses and the behind-the-scenes SEO operations that come with it. With time, they find out it is too much to handle. Search engines update their local search ranking factors all the time and you need to educate yourself so you don’t fall behind the competition. Balancing your SEO training with running your business, day-to-day issues, and family time is no mean feat. Why not leave it to the professionals?
Take advantage of local SEO services and boost your business before competitors catch on. Find a local SEO company or Local SEO expert with expert knowledge and industry insight to analyse your company needs, evaluate your website and local online presence and formulate a winning strategy to increase your traffic locally.