How Much Does It Cost To Cancel A Lufthansa Flight?
Headquartered and based in Germany, Lufthansa Airlines is a flag carrier and one of the most famous airlines in the country. The airline flies its 263 aircraft to over 220 national and international destinations to make people’s travel dreams come true.
Where the airline purveys easy booking, it also ensures that people can cancel a flight booking whenever necessary. The airline offers its people the flexibility of terminating a Lufthansa Booking online as well as offline. In fact, the experts of the airline also assist people in this service over a call or text.
This article will take you through the conditions that the airline applies to each flight cancellation. It is important to be aware of the policy before you decide to withdraw a booking with the airline.
Lufthansa Cancellation Policy
Lufthansa provides flexible cancellations of pre-booked flights for the benefit of its passengers. However, the airline also makes sure that it does not face any huge loss. This is why it has a set of terms and conditions that applies to each existing booking withdrawal.
This is what the Lufthansa Cancellation Policy states.
- A person can make a risk-free cancellation within the initial 24 hours of its booking. Just ensure that you purchase the ticket a week or more days before the departure date.
- If you fail to cancel the booking within this risk-free zone, the airline charges a penalty on the booking termination. The fee is usually around $39. However, it may vary depending on the flight fare.
- If you own an award ticket, the airline charges extra on its cancellation. You will have to pay $50 as a cancellation penalty.
- In case the airline delays a flight by 2 hours or cables it, it provides a refund. The airline can either give a 100% refund or a free seat on the next flight, according to your claim.
- Lufthansa will deduct any penalty from the flight fare of your terminated flight and will credit the balance to your account.
- In comparison to most airlines, Lufthansa will return your money early. It hardly takes 2-3 business days and the balance will reflect in your account.
You can go through the original copy of the Lufthansa Cancellation Policy on its official website. In case you still want more clarity on the policy or need assistance in the process, contact the customer services of the airline and ask a live representative for his guidance.