The 7 best WordPress plugins for eCommerce websites
There are a lot of WordPress plugins for eCommerce websites currently available out there. But that does not mean all of those plugins are actually helpful or even good for your eCommerce website.
But for a regular Joe, it can sometimes be overwhelming and, at times, highly confusing when selecting the best possible WordPress plugins for eCommerce websites. After all, there are more than 55000 plugins available in the WP directory at the time of writing. And that number is ever increasing every passing day. The chances of an individual selecting the wrong WP plugin for their website are certainly high. And if you end up selecting the wrong but paid WP plugin, then all of your resources go down the drain. The plugin won't be of any use to you or your website, and you also waste your hard-earned money on top of that.
So, what can you do? After all, you don't have the time or resources to try and test out each and every WordPress plugin for an eCommerce website. Well, no need to worry. We are here for that. We know that it is almost impossible for an individual to try and test out every possible WordPress plugins for eCommerce website all on their own. That is why we went ahead and completed that task for our readers so that you don't have to take any extra effort to run and operate a smooth and feature-rich website.
Our today's article solely focuses on WordPress plugins for eCommerce websites that can make our readers' WP websites even more feature-rich and help them achieve more out of their WP websites. But before we begin, let us clear the basic fundamentals for our new readers, shall we?
WordPress is a popular content management system that lets users make and run their own websites. Millions of website owners all over the world use WordPress. Plugins are an important part of using WordPress because they let you add to and change its features. With WordPress plugins, you can make WordPress do more and make it easier to do things like add new features or change how the website looks.
The WordPress Plugin Directory has thousands of plugins, and new ones are added all the time. Many plugins do simple things like adding new menus or pages to your website, but others do much more advanced things like letting you make custom forms or keep track of your site's statistics.
There's probably a plugin that can help you with whatever you need. Plugins give you a lot of flexibility and power. You can use them to make your site more interactive with things like polls and quizzes, increase site traffic with effective marketing tools, or just make your life easier by automating things like daily backups or posting updates automatically.
WordPress is a popular content management system (CMS) that is used to make various websites. With the plugins that are available for WordPress, an eCommerce site can be made to work better. Here are a few reasons why you might want to use WordPress plugins for eCommerce websites:
● Most WordPress plugins work with other WordPress plugins, which makes it easy to add more features and functions.
● Because WordPress is open-source software, there are a lot of plugin options that can be changed to fit different needs. This means that you don't have to rely on third-party developers to make changes to the plugin to fit your needs and preferences.
● Plugins let you change your website's look and make it work better. You don't need to know how to code to add extra features like shipping options or customer reviews.
● Plugins speed up and make it easier for people to use your website. They add features like automatic updates to products or tracking of orders that save you time and work.
● With plugins, your website is safer. They keep your information from being stolen or hacked, so your customers can feel safe when they shop on your site.
● Plugins are cheap and simple to set up. To use WordPress plugins for eCommerce websites, you don't need any special skills or knowledge.
● They can bring functionality that you would not be able to get on the basic WordPress platform if you use it on its own.
● They can make your website faster and easier to use, which in turn can help you sell more products and services to a larger audience.
1. Yoast SEO
Everybody who uses a WP website is probably familiar with the Yoast SEO plugin. After all, it is one of the most popular plugins for WP sites. And as you can guess by its name Yoast SEO is a plugin that helps its users with search engine optimization.
● This plugin will assist you in generating sitemaps, adding meta tags, connecting your site to the Google Search Console, optimizing your keywords, and doing a great deal more too.
● You will be able to save time and concentrate on the most important aspects of your business, thanks to YoastSEO.
● It also offers useful advice while you are adding a blog to your site and provides its users with a readability score and an SEO score.
● It operates on a hybrid model. That is a free and paid version for various types of uses.
This plugin is more of a lifesaver than just a regular old plugin. UpdraftPlus is a backup and restores solution plugin. And anyone who owns and operates a website knows the importance of a good backup and restore solution. UpdraftPlus also operates on a hybrid model where it has a free version (with limited options) and a premium paid option for an extra set of features.
The premium version includes features such as;
● Offers assistance from a WP expert.
● Take a copy of the WP core, the database, and any files that aren't associated with WP.
● Extra database options.
● The Premium plan enables you to restore backups created by other plugins.
● It features a variety of lock settings.
3. Insert Headers and Footers
You may add code to the header and footer of your WordPress website using a simple plugin called Insert Headers and Footers. This plugin allows you to add code such as Google Analytics, custom CSS, and many more.
Instead of having to deal with countless various plugins, you will only need to deal with the simple interface of the Insert Headers and Footers plugin.
● Easy and quick installation process
● Easy to incorporate scripts into.
● You can add code for Google Analytics.
● Include customized CSS across all themes.
● Input the code for the Facebook pixel.
Often due to the large image files, your WP website may become slower over time. But you may not have the time or resources to compress each and every image file on your website manually. Well, in that case, Smush is one of the best WordPress plugins for eCommerce sites. With Smush, you can easily compress all your image files on your site without any issues. This, in turn, will help you with your website speeds and performance and will also improve your SEO score.
5. WP Super Cache
Cache management is a vital part of your website management journey. But it is also one of the most tedious tasks of website management. It takes a lot of time and manual work to properly do it. Time which you would rather invest in something productive.
Well, WP Super Cache is just the perfect plugin for you, then. With WP Super Cache, all your website cache management and optimization tasks become far simpler and more straightforward.
Using the content of your dynamic WP site, this plugin creates HTML files in a static format. After an HTML file has been created, your web server will serve that file rather than continuing to process the relatively larger and more expensive WP PHP scripts.
This makes the whole process much easier and more effective overall.
This plugin is used by more than 3 million people worldwide with the likes of Microsoft, Subway, FedEx, and many more. MonsterInsights is a Google Analytics plugin that helps your WP site grow its business worldwide by incorporating large amounts of data from Google itself.
With MonsterInsights, you can:
● Check the analytics in real time.
● Easily generate reports for eCommerce.
● Make a report on the user activity and behaviors.
● Develop ranking reports for Search Engine Optimization
● Interact with the Google Analytics dashboard in a way that's easy to understand.
● Make sure you're on the right track by using Ecommerce tracking.
● Interact with Page Level Analytics to acquire a more comprehensive insight.
Sucuri is a WP plugin for security. It automates many of the tasks involved in securing your site. It includes features to protect against minor attacks as well as more serious threats, and it integrates with other security tools you may already be using. Sucuri also has a comprehensive support system that can quickly help you fix any problems.
It also monitors your site for attack patterns and provides you with detailed reports on the security of your site. Sucuri is one of the best WordPress plugins for eCommerce websites.
Well, it all depends on your website needs and requirements at the end of the day. But all of the above-mentioned WordPress plugins for eCommerce sites are among the best plugins that are either free or are available within an affordable price range.
You can select the best possible option for you and start making your website feature rich with the best WordPress plugins for eCommerce websites.
Our primary goal with this post was to help our readers by providing them with a comprehensive list of the best WordPress plugins for eCommerce sites and how they can use these plugins to get the best out of their WordPress sites.