You should be vigilant about the harmful ingredients that could cause damage to your teeth in the long run. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or SLS is one such synthetic ingredient used in toothpaste. It is known to cause damage to the protective mucin layer in the soft tissues of the oral cavity. We have very few toothpastes without SLS in Australia that meets our requirement.
Varieties of Toothpaste
You can find a wide range of kinds of toothpaste ranging from salt, and herbal toothpaste to charcoal whitening toothpaste in Australia, and many more, which always makes you more confused about choosing the most suitable one your unique oral hygiene needs.
To begin with, you need to understand what kind of teeth you have and your preferences, and then choose the right toothpaste. You get different types depending on your tooth sensitivity, whitening, oral disease, tastes good, non-chemical, safe for kids, and so on.
Look-ups in a Toothpaste
It is always advisable to visit a dentist before using any toothpaste for specific ailments and having over-sensitive teeth.
- Fluoride in toothpaste helps in fighting cavities and helps reduce tooth decay.
- It protects teeth from the acid released by the bacteria that feed on the starch and sugar remaining in your mouth after eating.
- Fluoride strengthens your enamel, reduces acid damage
Tartar control Toothpaste
1. Tartar is the thick deposit formed on your teeth when plaque is not removed by brushing your teeth regularly.
2. If tartar is not removed correctly, it hardens and leads to gum disease.
3. To reduce tartar, an antibiotic substance called Triclosan gets used in toothpaste that kills bacteria in the mouth.
4. Stain-removing toothpaste
If you are looking for teeth-brightening components in toothpaste, sodium polymetaphosphate in some toothpaste serves the purpose of helping polish the teeth and getting rid of stains.
5. Sensitive toothpaste
You have particular toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth. These tubes of toothpaste contain potassium nitrate or strontium chloride, which help block pathways attached to nerves in the teeth.
Choosing the Right Toothpaste
Before buying a new toothpaste, here are a few checklists to tick to make the right choice.
- Always check the label
Keep an eye on the toothpaste label to check the ingredients and choose the one with valuable components.
- Make sure it is ADA approved
ADA seal of acceptance assures the safety and effectiveness of the toothpaste.
- Do your research
Contact your local dentist and research the type of teeth you have and the necessary components required.
- Make sure the toothpaste contains fluoride
Fluoride is a natural mineral that fights cavities and protects your tooth’s outer layer. Dentists recommend toothpaste with fluoride.
- Look for abrasive ingredients.
Avoid abrasive ingredients such as Triclosan, and SLS, which cause damage both to teeth and, if swallowed, to overall health.
Once you choose the right toothpaste without SLS Australia and charcoal whitening toothpaste Australia, it is also essential that you have to brush your teeth twice a day. Floss every time you eat and visit your dentist