The Brooklyn, New York area has grown tremendously over the past few years, bringing with it many new challenges, not least of which is the burden of caring for an aging family member. With a full-time job and your own family to tend to, it can be hard to find the time or motivation to look into the best home care services in Brooklyn and surrounding areas. Whether you’re in search of home care for yourself or someone you love, here are three tips you should keep in mind when choosing your home care service in Queens.
1) Check with Local Agencies
- Check with your local agencies to see what services they offer and what qualifications they require.
- Determine how much time you need assistance each day or week, as this will determine how many hours of care you will need per day or week. 2.5 hours per day is considered a full-time load, while one hour per day would be considered half-time assistance.
- Take into consideration that home care service providers are not required to provide 24/7 care, which means they will not be available at all times of the day to assist you with your needs. This can include providing meals and medication reminders or monitoring medication interactions, so make sure to ask about their availability before hiring them for your needs!
2) Ask Lots of Questions
- What is your approach to care?
- How many other clients do you have?
- What kind of training does your staff have?
- Is there anything I should know about my specific needs before signing up?
- What are some examples of past successes with this service?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Can we set a time for me to come out and visit the facility and meet with staff in person?
- Do you work with Medicare or Medicaid, or any private insurance companies, etc.?
- Do you accept credit cards as payment options, cash or check only?
3) Think About Your Lifestyle
One of the most important things to do when deciding on a care service is to think about your lifestyle. What hours will you be working? How many times a day do you need assistance? What are your needs? For example, if you’re looking for an all-day service, Brooklyn Home Care can help with that. The company provides caregivers who can assist with all aspects of daily living – from medication reminders to cooking meals and doing light housekeeping. If mobility is your main concern, Brooklyn Home Care offers wheelchair transport, so you don’t have to worry about taking public transportation or waiting for a cab.
Home Sheba Home Care Agency
When looking for professional home care services in Brooklyn, NY, you’ll always prioritise the safety and comfort of your loved ones. Are you looking for the same? Homesheba is here to provide the elderly, chronically ill, and disabled people with ethical, safe, and professional home care services.
We help those who need it by doing light housekeeping, running errands, doing meal preparation and cooking among other things. All our caregivers are trained professionals who have experience working with seniors who live on their own at home or are institutionalised. As a company we understand that family members don’t want their relatives living alone if they can be helped.