Your sleep is something that switches your mood from good to extremely bad. Waking up after having a troubled sleep simply puts your morning mood on the back foot. Sleep apnea is one condition that has troubled almost 30% population in the states alone. The percentage of people having sleep apnea in Vancouver, WA is no less either.
However, this number doesn’t define your will to have a better sleep while facing such symptoms. There are some practices that have turned peoples’ lives for the better and perhaps you should give these a try as well. What are these? Let’s find out.
5 Tips to get a better sleep when you experience Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Common sleep apnea and teeth grinding symptoms include loud snoring, insomnia, memory problems. Waking up with a sore throat and shortness of breath, heavy breathing for children, and sometimes headache.
- Weight Reduction: Be it any other specialist or any orthodontist in Vancouver, WA, the first thing you’d be told about is to reduce your weight (if you are way across a certain mark). Recent studies are evidence that weight reduction eliminates the need to have CPAP. Subsequently, you will notice changes in your sleep quality. Pick any exercising routine that assists you in shedding some weight.
- Anti-Oxidants Work: Since this condition is related to oxidative stress, you should well and truly try to enhance your antioxidant capacity. Supplements are a simple solution to this problem. Moreover, there are fruits that supply antioxidants. Make sure you are keeping a handful of fruits in your diet. Having said that, your diet plays a major role in determining sleep quality.
- Drop Few Habits: As much as you want to stick to some habits, you have to drop them; major of which is smoking and alcohol intake. These both contribute to inflammation and subsequently, you have a sore throat that lands you in trouble while sleeping. Swelling caused by inflammation of a blockage in breathing is two things that are going to give you trouble all night.
- Check Your Sleep Position: Most people having sleep apnea in Vancouver, WA, and in other parts of the world believe that their sleeping position has nothing to do with their sleep quality. As a matter of fact, it does. Try sleeping on your back, it relaxes your throat muscles and is conclusively known to promote better sleep. You have to try to know.
- Invite New Habits: You might have to practice some new habits. It does not an expensive treatment from an orthodontist in Vancouver, WA, to tell you that you have to avoid caffeine after noon time., maintain a sleeping pattern, avoid eating extremely prior to sleeping, and start doing yoga. This information is all available and we are hearing it from everyone. The only limitation is we are not practicing it. Try indulging in these good habits.
If you are seeking a solution to this, you have come the right way. We, at Salmon Creek Dental Center, are always at the edges of our seats to help get our patients the dire sleep they deserve. We have the necessary experience in this field. Hop on to our website to get connected right away.