How to make Notes from Newspaper
Reading newspaper is very important part of preparation for MPPSC exam. Daily news analysis is of great importance. In MPPSC Prelims cum Mains Syllabus. We all read newspapers, but we rarely make notes from it. It is always best to revise from the notes we make based on the current affairs material of various MPPSC coaching institutes. This article mainly deals with how to make notes from newspapers and other Govt websites as part of our daily news analysis for MPPSC.
Recommended Newspapers for MPPSC Aspirants
2. Indian Express
It is practical to be well versed with the MPPSC Exam Pattern and MPPSC Syllabus before starting the current affairs preparation. Beginners with little understanding of MPPSC Syllabus and Pattern will take ample time to read and prepare from newspapers.
Going through the syllabus and previous years papers helps a candidate to choose the right articles/issues from the newspapers from the exam point of view while leaving out the irrelevant things. In this way, the time spent on newspapers will be reduced and the aspirant will know well which article to read and which one to skip.
5 Important Government Sources for Best Daily News Analysis for MPPSC
1. PIB- For government policies, programs and schemes.
2. PRS- Bills and Acts
3. Planning- For analysis of government plans and policies. (Journal of last 12 months is important)
4. India Year Book (Latest Edition)
5. All India Radio
4 notebooks to be made
1. PT Pointers Note- This is for noting down facts from Newspapers, PIB, Yojana and India Year Book.
2. GS Note- Make mppsc notes for each GS Paper 1,2,3,4 based on MPPSC Mains Syllabus. Write an abstract on the important editorial. Only keywords are to be written. It will be helpful for both prelims and mains answer writing.
3. Data Note- Write important data and statistics like GDP, Exports, and Index.
4. Essay Note- Note down important quotes and phrases for essay writing in Mains.
How to read newspaper in 45 minutes
· The first to complete a newspaper in 1 hour is
· must be aware of
· MPPSC Prelims cum Mains Syllabus. Knowledge
· About the syllabus will help the candidate
· Select important news relevant to MPPSC exam.
· Ignore news like purely political news, celebrity related news, hyperlocal news, and most sports news.
· Primary focus should be on editorial, defence news, economy, constitutional amendment, environment, government bills and schemes, international affairs, social issues, court decisions etc.
MPPSC is the innovator of the newspaper analysis batch in the field of MPPSC preparation. The newspaper analysis of MPPSC covers 70% of the GS syllabus.