How to Change User-Agent String in Chrome
Google offers numerous handy apps and Chrome is among the best of them. Even Chrome has several features users can utilize, and User-Agent string tops the list. However, if for any reason you wish to change the feature, then it is possible as well. Read through the article to learn how to do so.
USER-AGENT STRINGS PROCESS
They are pieces of web design ads that can give relevant information regarding the gadget prompt to enter a web server. It helps website traffic to run better and tells what type of device, browser, and software you are using. The strings are useful in examining web traffics and many more tasks.
MANUALLY CHANGING USER-AGENT STRING
USER-AGENT STRINGS WITHIN CHROME
Chrome is a major web browser used globally and the platform has numerous user agents strings to help users access device-friendly websites and get the best experience. If anyone makes a website, then one should make sure that it is accessible to all devices and there are two ways to change user agent string:
IN-BUILT SWITCHER FOR USER-AGENT
- Go to Google chrome.
- Select three dots in the right corner on top in the window.
- Navigate to more tools and pick Developer Tool.
- Choose network conditions from the list.
- Choose a custom list and select any device to see website’s appearance on that device.
INSTALL AN USER-AGENT SWITCHER
- Reach Chrome Web Store.
- Find a new User-Agent Switcher.
- Now, click on add to chrome
- After getting installed, it can be used on any web site.
- If your device does not appear in the list, then you can make one accordingly.
FIREFOX AND SAFARI USERS
- Go to browser menu and select preferences.
- Mark the Show to Develop menu after clicking on Advanced Tab.
- Shut preferences and start develop menu.
- Pick user agents within the menu.
- Start the browser and reach Firefox Store.
- Now, look for User-Agent Switcher.
- Select the blue + add to Firefox icon.
- You can see the new bar of menu and tools meaning the extension can be used now.
EXTENSIONS HELP SAVE TIME
Installing extensions on a web browser help the user save time as you do not have to browse the website in order to utilize the tool. There are millions of tools you can get an extension for, and they are all equally useful as well.
Jay Cross is a trained office.com/setup expert who works with the development team with feedback from customers to make it to expectations. He lives in New York and In addition to his work, he also writes for his personal blog.
Source - Change User-Agent String in Chrome